Saturday, August 23, 2008

Wasps, Skunks and Dog Hitch Hikers

Man, what a night....
I got home from work last night just to run in and leave again, and when I opened the door there were wasps everywhere! They were swarming in my kitchen and basement!
The previous night Tim had sprayed a nest they had made in the siding of our house. I guess instead of leaving they decided to come in the house :) Yesterday morning, Tim and I saw a couple flying around and we grabbed the vac and swept them up...along with all the dead ones in the window sills. Of course we thought that was the end of it. I took the dog to work just in case. So when we got home and there were around 200 of them flying around...I decided we needed a new plan. Tim is gone for the weekend..so I had to handle it :)
So I went to Home Depot and bought a fogger, came home set 3 of them off, grabbed the dog and my pillow and was off to the in-laws. I had a fun night with the kids, watched a movie and got ready for bed. I took Jake(the dog) out for his potty break and as I was standing by the van, I got a whiff of skunk. "Jake, come here!" No Jake... " Jake COME!" No Jake... So I ran inside and got a flash light and went looking. Finally he came over and yep...he got sprayed! NASTY! And he was supposed to share the bed with me last night. So Jon went to the store and bought some tomato juice and we bathed Jake in a tub that smelled like pasta! It was a pathetic site. I wish I had pics for you...it was funny :) We rinsed him and washed him again with the kids shampoo and he came out smelling like Apples.

I was thinking last night "Usually things happen in 3's, I hope it's only 2 this time." Slept well and when I got up, I took Jake out again. This time he decided to wander. He's was being so bad! He ran across the street and then 2 cars come from both directions. I run out in the street in my PJ's with my hand up yelling STOP like a mad woman and try and grab him. He goes right up to both cars, and stands next to their door like he was trying to hitch a ride...oh my gosh!
Finally, the cars pass and we are heading inside, when he turns around and heads for the road again. There is a car approaching really fast this time and I run as fast as I can screaming NO NO NO! He ran out into the road again and the car luckily sees him and slows down and moves out of his way!
AGGHHH...my heart was racing. I almost cried...#3

Anyway, we made it out alive...the wasps are dead, the dog is not :)

Here are some images from this week. Love these kids!

No comments: