Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Home Sweet Home v2.


We have been all over since the New Year! I am happy to say that we are home and here to stay! :) It felt so nice to sleep in my own bed, see my husband and see my dog Jake! Home Sweet Home...I know now why they say that!

Andrew, Emily, Tim and I went to Cincinatti to celebrate with our friends Angela and Scott for their wedding! It was so gorgeous and intimate. Angela just built a brand new studio and it is amazing! I was extremely jealous...in a good way! Her studio is called Essenza, you can click here to see her website. The ceremony was very sweet, emotional and funny! All the ingredents you need for a great wedding. The food was catered in and it was to die for! Pasta stations, wedding soup shooters, wine and wedding cake! We were very full to say the least!




On Sunday, we went across the river to Kentucky to see some our photography friends at their state convention. We love the people of Kentucky! It was great to see everyone again! We got home Sunday night, late and then Andrew and I left again Tuesday EARLY morning to fly to Vegas!


Vegas was really nice. The weather was cool but pleasant and the people of PMA were very welcoming. PMA is Photo Marketing Association and they hired us to come speak on Wednesday. So Tuesday, Andrew and I walked around, ate great food and went and saw a show. We also got ready for our program since we didn't have a lot of time before then to get our presentation into the computer. Everything went very well, and we were happy to meet so many great photographers!

We flew home Wednesday afternoon, got home at 2:30 in the morning, came to work for 8hours and then unpacked, repacked and were off to PPM(our state convention)! Just writing about it makes me tired!
Our convention was great, and I learned so much! We love going to convention because it prepares us for a new year. We learn new ways to improve our business, new photography styles and gives us a chance to see all of our friends!

Andrew did very well at print competition this year, as always. I didn't even have a chance to enter this year. Maybe next time. Andrew came away with, Michigan 4 for 4, Michigan Photographers Award of Excellence, and 3 Court of Honor Awards!
Way to go Andrew!

Our friend Jaime, who went with us to PPA, also won a $500 cash prize which was really exciting!!

Connie and Jaime at the Banquet


So now it's snowing like crazy and all of our appointments have canceled for the day.
I would too if I were you! It's nasty out there!
So be safe and stay off the roads if possible!

No comments: