Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Simplify



I have been finding lately that I am so drawm to images that are super simple. I have been to the Gap many many times over the past couple months, just to look at the images on the walls. SIMPLE... very much so.
One of the things I like to do every year is go back and see how my work has changed.
It's very interesting to me, the journey that an artists takes. If you look at musicians..you can see how their style changes through each album. Each song is a brief part of their life that has left a mark. And sometimes it can be dark and cold, and sometimes it can be brilliant and happy.
I guess what I've noticed these last few months is, the stuff doesn't matter that much. I still like photographing with "things" in the image, but at the same time, there is something about just the person in the photograph. It's about them, not the stuff.
What I will remember about this year is how my view on life has changed. My question to myself has changed to "Is this really important?" If it isn't, I try not to waste too much time on it. If it is, well, I will put all my heart into it.

Christmas gift of the day: Give hugs and kisses! Spend time with family. Date nights with your spouse. Special nights with your kids.



Speaking of time with family...it's time I head home!
:}

No comments: