Thursday, September 25, 2008

Time warp!

The other night I went with my niece to a roller skating party she had with her school. I LOVE roller skating! We walked in and it was like walking back in time. Are all skating rinks the same? I grew up in Texas and when I was a kid, every Friday we would go skating. It was something we always looked foward to. We would pull up to SKATING AMERICA, run to do the door, pull it open and the music and freezing air conditioning would pour out. We couldn't get our skates on fast enough. I had routines to songs like "Thriller and Footloose" and would love to out skate the older kids playing bat chase. It was great! Emma and I got our skates on and worked our way around the rink. It took me a little bit to remember how to balance and work the wheels, but once I got the hang of it, it was like old times. They even played the same songs I was used to. Thriller came on and man it brought me back. Emma held onto my hands as we skated together. She was all smiles, and seemed to really like it! I can't wait to go again. I think we should bring back a skating revolution! Anyone with me :)

No comments: